- I was revived and cast imbue magic on my mace. Time for some head bashing. A blur of motion caught my eye as I ran through the lounge. Outside, Theirastra levitated onto the balcony and started attacking a group of halflings riding flying mounts. I opened the door to the next car and was staring at Lady Dar and Peggy running towards me. I stepped aside and Dar yelled, “Guards!”
- The station guards rushed at us. We met them mid cabin and the melee started. My first swing missed so I slid my missile wand out of my coat and blasted one point blank. Nameless, Stickpin and Dar rained powerful blows on the guards. We subdued them just as a group of Warforged (W.F.) entered from the other end of the car.
- The W.F. leader, a female, demanded we hand over the schema. Schema? We haven’t had a schema since we left Sharn a fortnight ago. We tried to tell them we didn’t have the schema. They didn’t believe us. The leader told the other W.F. to attack us while she ran up the stairs to the second level. Stickpin peeled off up the stairs next to us. Theirastra joined Nameless and me. Alden and Dar were watching our rear. Two magic wielders and a Warforged against 3 Warforged. The odds weren’t in our favor. But if we stopped every time the odds were against us, we’d still be in Sharn. Once more into the breach.
- The Warforged cursed Nameless as a traitor and focused on him. Nameless parried blows and told the Warforged he wasn’t a traitor. I noticed that Nameless was holding back when it came to killing the W.F. Theirastra and I had no similar compunction. W.F know tactics and they made sure we didn’t surround them. We dropped two of them when we heard a man yelling “Get out of my head!”. Lucan came running down the far stairs with the W.F and Stickpin right behind him.
- Lucan morphed into a dire wolf and charged at us. I was able to get in a blow before he was past us. He leaped from the train, which was now stopped. Stickpin dashed after him. I turned and saw Theirastra was engaged with the halfling flyers. She was calling on every elemental power she could. A steady stream of cursing and blaspheming almost drowned out the sound of howling winds and crackling lightning. I foolishly fired my crossbow at one of the halflings, only to see the bolt get caught in the whirlwind. Not my smartest move. Both of us were weary from the fight and magic use. I got bashed in the head and knocked unconscious. Hopefully Alden and Dar can turn the tide.
Gurney's Journal pt. 13
We shall fight on the airships. We shall fight on rails. We shall never surrender